20110818

Hefty pre-release discount on my whiskey book

My new book, "Barrels & Drams: The History of Whisk(e)y In Jiggers and Shots," is coming out in September.

The retail price then will be $18.95, but you can get a hefty 32% pre-release discount from Amazon.com by going here ASAP.

I selected and edited all the pieces in the anthology, contributing several pieces of my own as well. Many of the original illustrations done for the book are based on photos I took during my whiskey-related travels.

The book covers the giants of the whiskey industry (such as George Smith, Jim Beam and Jack Daniel), scenes from Prohibition, whiskey-making in such diverse spots as Scotland, Ireland, the U.S., South Africa, India and Japan, stories on the effects whiskey-making had on the development of several nations, and much more.

Among the other authors are the likes of Tom Wolfe, F. Paul Paccult, David Wondrich and Jim Murray.

To Dowd's Wine Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Spirits Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Tasting Notes latest entry.
Back to Dowd's Guides home page.

No comments: